Sunday, March 22, 2009

Many, Many Moons ago...




I have a dilemma. I bought a "video 2 PC conversion thingy!" It's from a company called ION, I can't seem to get my computer to find the driver in the hardware that came with the "Thingy"! Years ago I led a more abstract life then I do now (I didn't think that was possible), a nocturnal life...My husband needed a bass player in his band so being the camealian that I am, I solved his problem and became one. I did the same thing when he needed a second barber too, but that's another story, I digress...We played music a lot, 5nights a week for 20 years. In the interim, remember when video cameras first came out? We got a camera, then Public Access programing came on TV. So we took lessons on camera work, editing, etc. We then began producing our own TV show from the night club in which we played. We had our band, we had local musicians as guess stars, we had comedy, good music and screw-ups. I have it all on many, many tapes of our shows which we called "County sounds of Tucson" No one really cares or remembers but I thought my four grand children might get a giggle out of it when they are old enough, seems a real shame to lose it! Plus my husband (their grandfather)" passed on and it's nice to hear him play his guitar again. The point to all this is I wondered if any one might know how to get the PC to recognize the driver so I can put the videos in my PC and down load them eventually to DVD? This "thingy" I bought is new, it looks like a VCR, connects with a USB cable to my PC. But I can't get past the beginning! If you know anything please yell in my direction, I would be grateful. The photos are laughable material from another "Time And Place!"
Misty

3 comments:

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

OMG Misty, Everytime I visit you here, I just get a kick! Look at these pictures and while reading your story below...I realzied that you are SUPER Woman!Is there anything you can't do? Well, besides the computer program thingy you are working on...I don't know about computers...Please I had to get a new one because my other one blew up...LOL But...have you tried Dan's Camera? They might be able to help you and/or Radio Shack.. Hopefully someone here will have better information for you. Please keep us updated on your progress. That is really cool that you have that material still and able to pass it down! What a gift!
Cheers!

Misty's Creations said...

Thank you I'll give those a try. Yes I did all the things everyone else needed for many years. I wouldn't wish those years away...it was fun but now I can do MY stuff! Which has always been my art since I was a little girl, I had just put it on hold for a while! What I can't do is... marry Johnny Depp because I am not a home wrecker! I don't care how many times he calls me!!!

3rdEyeMuse said...

I think Michelle is close, but you really are WONDERWOMAN! bet you even have the boomerang head piece and bullet stopping wrist cuffs, too! :)

Sorry, can't help you on this one (I've been lucky enough that the PC has recognized all new stuff when plugging it in). Wishing you a computer wiz over for a visit.

ps - LOVED the flashback photo's!