Sunday, December 28, 2008

Something for myself...


Isn't it funny, we always wish to sell our art work... then when it happens, we begin to wish to have time to be able to make things once again for ourselves!The public is demanding and has many ideas which they aren't shy about sharing with which ever artist they may have commissioned, at some point those suggestions slowly turn art work into "work"!
So before I begin my next dragon with the certain specs of the patron, on Tuesday...I shall paint for myself this weekend! It's often exhausting but the feeling I derive from it keeps me getting out of bed in the morning rather than curling up in a fetal position under the nice warm covers! Sell some, but don't forget to create for you too!

3 comments:

*Kelly Marie* said...

I totally agree... we need to remember to make things for ourselves. I had quite a few Christmas orders for paintings... and was feverishly working on making presents for loved ones... by christmas it did feel like work. I'll keep this in mind! :-)

The Whimsical Goblin said...

I agree, you must always create for yourself sometimes, if not all the time ;)

Beautiful Dragon by the way :)

Unknown said...

wow, that is some dragon! beautiful